Zero Tolerance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zero Tolerance

Rock & Metal Forum International Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Interview with Nile

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zero_Tolerance
Admin
Zero_Tolerance

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2007-05-02

Interview with Nile Empty
PostSubject: Interview with Nile   Interview with Nile Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 5:35 pm

Band : Nile
Interviewed : George Kollias
Interviewer : Alorchi Samir

ZT-webzine : Hi. Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions.

Nice talking to you man.

ZT-webzine : When did you start playing drums? Have you ever taken any lessons?

I started when I was 12, I didn’t took lessons the first 5-6 years or so; I am mostly self taught working and learning by ears but I did took lessons later on. Mostly to improve my technique and get some more education about music, I was getting more and more into jazz and other styles so education was really important.

ZT-webzine : What's the idea behind the title of the last album? Have you got what are you looking for in this new album ?

We wanted to use Ithyphallic as the album title for Annihilation of the Wicked, our previous album but Relapse didn’t liked the idea so much and we changed it. Our new label, Nuclear Blast, agreed for this one so we used it for the new album. We think the title represents our music, our fans on the Nile Board were talking about this a lot saying that we play Ithyphallic Metal and we liked it.

I am 100% satisfied with our new album, I believe this is the first time I am so much happy with an album after doing more than 20 albums in my life. We all believe this is the strongest Nile album, our songs are more mature and the musicianship got better too. We were very positive about getting these results since we worked more this time, I remember we were recording the new songs in the practice and then go home and listen to them a million times. Next day we were doing changes on parts, just to get the best out of it. So, the pre-production helped us a lot too…

Read More on :

http://zero-tolerance.110mb.com/interviews/George%20Kollias%20-%20interview.htm
Back to top Go down
http://zero-tolerance.110mb.com

Interview with Nile
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zero Tolerance :: The WebZine :: Interviews-
Jump to: